WHO WE ARE
This website is hosted and managed by 1and1.co.uk on behalf of Finance Advice Centre Ltd.
The Data Controller is Finance Advice Centre Ltd of Chatsworth House, Prime Business Centre, Raynesway. Derby. DE21 7SR whose Data Controller Registration Number is ZA086408.
All personal information is obtained, processed and stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended, and any appropriate regulations and/or guidance (the Act). All references to the Data Controller and Data Processor are as defined by the Act.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.financeadvicecentre.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
INFORMATION WE MAY PROCESS ABOUT YOU
- 1. We may process the following data about you:
- 1.1. Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.financeadvicecentre.co.uk (the site), or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the site, subscribe to a service, perform a search on the handbook pages, provide feedback about the products or services, participate in a survey and when you report a problem with the site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and information about your organisation.
- 1.2. Information we process about you. With regard to each of your visits to the site we may automatically process the following information:
- 1.3. Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- 3. We will use information held about you in the following ways:
- 3.1. Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- 3.1.1. to administer access to the site, for example, to determine whether you are eligible to access the site and for what time period. To facilitate this it may be necessary for us to contact you to clarify and/or obtain further information concerning your request for access or to provide you with information to enable you to access the site;
- 3.1.2. when you enquire or provide feedback about the products and services we will use the contact details that you have provided to respond to you;
- 3.1.3. any feedback that you provide us with will help us to understand how the products and services are perceived by you and which are of most interest. We may use such information to tailor our service offerings to suit your needs and improve the product and service offerings for the benefit of our users generally;
- 3.1.4. to notify you about changes to the service or products;
- 3.1.5. to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- 3.1. Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- 3.2. Information we process about you. We will use this information:
- 3.2.1. to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- 3.2.2. to improve the site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 3.2.3. as part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure.
- 3.3. Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we process about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 4. For the purposes of delivering the site and services to you we may share your personal information with any member of our group, (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) and any business partner, supplier or sub-contractor.
- 5. We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Finance Advice Centre Ltd, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 6. All information you provide to us is stored on our servers and we follow strict security procedures for processing and storing the personal information with which we have been entrusted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- 7. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 10. Under the Act you have the right to receive a copy of the information that is held about you; any request or queries in relation to this should be directed to the Data Controller, firstname.lastname@example.org Finance Advice Centre Ltd, Chatsworth House, Prime Business Centre, Raynesway. Derby. DE21 7SR.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are tiny text files (made up of letters and numbers) stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. EU legislation states that all websites should let you know when they are using your cookies.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE ON THIS SITE AND WHY?
The table below sets out the main cookies that we use on this site and what we use them for.
|Type of cookie||Cookie name||Expires after||Purpose|
|Site performance||Web Trends||10 years||Performance cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site, for example how many visitors came to our site and when, what browsers visitors use and how long visitors stay on the site. This data does not contain any information that is personal to you.|
|Google Analytics: __utma||2 years from set/update|
|Google Analytics: __utmb||30 minutes from set/update|
|Google Analytics: __utmc||not set|
|Google Analytics: __utmz||6 months from set/update|
|SiteStat: c1||5 years|
|SiteStat: s1||5 years|
ENABLING AND DISABLING COOKIES
If you do not accept the cookies, or choose to block some or all cookies, you will still be able to browse the site however some parts of the site will not work effectively.
For more information on how to manage cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org